Our Children’s Program is called First Day School because historically Quakers call Sunday, “First Day”. The purpose of First Day School is to provide an inviting environment for children to connect with each other and the Spirit within, and to experience a sense of community.
Because we can’t all safely and comfortably gather, the Children’s Religious Education Committee will post our project plans and samples here each month.
We hope you will participate with us from home, and send us your thoughts and photos!
Express your inner light with a New Years Art Project. (Some of you might remember doing this project last year – fun was had by all.)
Join us for COMMUNITY CELEBRATION and CREATIVE JUBILATION!
Click here to do the project at home. Please email pictures to the Children’s Religions Education Committee.
- June 6, 2021: God and Bugs, including a buggy puppet show and painting rock bugs
- May 2, 2021: Theme: Food and Supplies for the Houseless. The Junior Friends will meet to put together food bags and bottles of water to distribute to houseless people in Eugene.
- April 4, 2021: Easter Egg Hunt.
- March 7, 2021: Stewardship On Sunday, March 7, our youth will help a Friend with a burn pile while enjoying our company and connecting with long time members of Eugene Friends Meeting. Those interested will gather behind the Meeting house (rain or shine) at noon, bring a sack lunch and water bottle.
- February 7, 2021: Food and Supplies for the Houseless. The Junior Friends met to put together food bags to distribute to houseless people in Eugene. The distribution of donated items was just as welcome in February as it was in December 2020.